|Barrio Santa Cruz in Seville|
Seville has many great sight seeing options including, the city's old Moorish Palace, the Torre del Oro, the Town Hall, the Parque Maria. The artistically most outstanding churches are Iglesia del Salvador, Hospicio de los Venerables, Hospital de la Caridad, hospital de Nuestra Señora de la Paz , Iglesia de Santa Ana, Iglesia de San Luis and Basílica de la Macarenato name a few. Barrio Santa Cruz in Seville is one such sight frequented by tourists.
Features of Barrio Santa Cruz in Seville
It is the most picturesque and delightful part of the city, the exclusive features of Barrio Santa Cruz in Seville include:
- narrow winding cobbled streets and whitewashed houses here.
- You can sit outside a bar and enjoy some tapas and watch the world go by.
- If you choose to wander through centuries-old gardens and relax on beautiful tiled benches, then this is the perfect place.
- The area is bordered by Calles Mateas Gago, Santa Maria La Blanca/San José, the Jardines de Murillo and the Alcázar.
- Barrio Santa Cruz in Seville was formerly the Jewish quarter.
- The covered passageway heading off the Patio de Banderas (part of the Alcázar) called the Judería is worth visiting.
- You can enter the Patio from here and get an unforgettable view of the cathedral.
- The site is dotted with orange trees (especially Plazas Doña Elvira and Santa Cruz) wandering round the small squares lined.
- You can get lost in the maze of improbably narrow alleys where the ancient houses lean so far towards each other that they almost seem to touch.
- Also admire the leafy patios of private mansions through their iron gates. It will be one of the best experiences of your visit to Seville.
- You can also get an opportunity to learn about the history and stories, with many old palaces, churches and hidden passageways.
- There are many tourist shops selling typical tourist fare such as inferior quality azulejos (tiles), flamenco dress-style aprons and T-shirts with naff slogans.
- You can also shop at the individual artesan stores. Seville
Seville Spring fair Seville Fiestas & Folklore Seville Semana Santa Seville Arts & Culture Seville Tourism Seville SICAB Horse Fair Seville Best Things to do Roda de Andalucía New year's eve festival
12 lucky grapes for all present and fireworks at the doors of the Town Hall